Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice amongst some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting the public and government facilities. We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we want the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer.Job Skills / Requirements
Essential Job Functions
- Provides leadership through effective communication, ethical decision making, and commitment to achieving established goals and objectives, ensuring outcome measurements and standards are enforced.
- Contributes to the formulation of policies, developing programs and /or administering programs.
- Responsible to plan work activities for staff and to take independent action in managing the quality of work performed.
- Fosters a high quality workplace with strong commitment to quality and process improvement and focus on safety.
- Monitoring unusual incidents and measuring incidents against established benchmarks.
- Liaises with site representatives on issues relating to safety/security.
- Works cooperatively with the rest of the Paladin management team to deliver coordinated security services.
- Reviews and suggests improvements and changes to staff, procedures, and operating systems.
- Ensures all equipment is operated and maintained safely and that preventative maintenance is performed as scheduled.
- Ensures concerns and other issues are followed up promptly and that any outstanding issues are referred as needed.
- Commits to continually improving health and safety performance through promotion of culture supporting hazard assessment, risk management, incident identification, reporting and correction, and compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and safe work practices.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Two years of experience in the security industry
- A minimum of Grade 12 diploma
- A minimum of 2 years in a front-line supervisory role ideally in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity.
- Effective communicator with strong organizational skills, influential skills, client focused orientation and commitment to providing quality services
- Leadership skills, including demonstrated ability and comfort with decision making responsibilities, coaching and mentoring, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others
- Strong track record in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to operating within a team environment and the ability to motivate and inspire other to achieve common goals.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- The ability to work a day shift, Monday to Friday schedule with the ability to support the site where urgent situations arise after-hours
All interested applicants must apply online via the Paladin website at: www.paladinsecurity.com through the Careers tab.
Please note: Your application must clearly indicate how you meet and/or exceed the requirements for this position.Certification Requirements (All)
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Valid Manitoba Security Guard LicenseAdditional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Pay for this supervisory position will be between $18.00 and $26.00/hr. and will depend on a combination of qualifications and experience.
This is an industrial site and is not very accessible by transit. Must have a reliable vehicle.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Holidays
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Criminal Background Check, Child Abuse Registry check
This job reports to the Branch Manager
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Law Enforcement and Security