Permanent Reference code
:98478 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Ottawa, ON Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Are you technically curious and interested in new technological developments of all kind? Keep up to date with innovative developments in software, hardware, and telecommunications? Look at the opportunity below! What will your typical day look like?
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Initially your role will focus on developing core skills in preparing SR&ED tax incentive claims under the mentorship of senior practitioners. As you build skills and knowledge, your role will expand to include scoping and interviewing, audit defense, sales, and building deep client relationships. You will be challenged with more complex and strategic projects on the path to becoming a trusted business advisor, and gain a broader view of business challenges and solutions beyond SR&ED.About the team
Gi3: Global Investment and Innovation Incentives.
Deloitte's Gi3 team is the leading innovation incentives team both in Canada and globally. We help companies become more competitive by advising them on financial strategies to support technology innovation. We are growing our SR&ED team across Canada and we are seeking software, hardware, and telecommunications specialists to join our Ottawa office. To learn more about Deloitte: https://bit.ly/2ieqqxN. Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• A background in electrical engineering and at least a few years of experience in a hardware, low-level firmware or telecommunications development role
• Working knowledge of bleeding-edge technologies in areas such as ASICs, FPGAs, high-speed semiconductors, wireless, optical components and modules, embedded systems, and how they are designed
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
• Natural curiosity and a drive to learn, learn, synthesize, and describe complex technical subjects
• Strong project management skills and the ability to work independently within a high performance team
• A desire to build a career on the financial side of technology development, leading to a role as a trusted business advisorOur promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Electrical Engineering, Embedded, Software Engineer, Engineering Manager, Engineer, Engineering, Technology
Management and Executive