Roynat Capital, a wholly owned subsidiary of Scotiabank, is a national lender and investor with expertise in providing innovative long-term capital solutions for mid-sized companies utilizing senior term, subordinated debt, as well as mezzanine capital and common share equity. We provide tailored solutions to clients for acquisitions, business expansions, wealth monetization, and working capital enhancement. With a national presence in Canada in major markets, Roynat assists growth-oriented companies in reaching their goals across a wide range of industries.
The Associate Director is responsible for business development by generating his/her personal business volumes and related revenues, to meet pre-set targets. He/she assists the Director in preparing a comprehensive business plan and related strategies towards achieving the Business Plan objectives for the District Office. The incumbent is responsible for the management and expansion of an assigned portfolio of accounts. He/she is expected to cultivate a business community profile by attending various functions and maintaining a professional presence with contacts and key business referral sources.
The Associate Director is a key position in the District Office, assisting the Managing Director and/or Director in overseeing operations of the office, and on a regular basis acts in place of the Director during his/her extended absences.
In larger offices this position may also encompass responsibility for administering a specified number of staff and the individual is also expected to participate in the development and mentoring of more junior or less experienced staff. Specific Accountabilities
- Meet target objectives and ensure progress is made towards maximizing the potential business from existing customers and prospects within an assigned market area by:
- developing and maintaining a regular sales call program on customers to ensure effective management, retention, and expansion of each customer relationship. Maintaining a comprehensive record of activities on the business development (RMS System);
- establishing and maintaining relationships with major small and medium size industrial and commercial companies (prospects) and key business referral sources in the assigned market area;
- identifying, researching and calling on prospects to establish a credit relationship and building a comprehensive data base file for each prospect using RMS;
- maintaining a current and thorough knowledge of Roynat Capital's specialized term lending services, leasing, subordinated debt, to effectively promote tailored presentation packages to meet specific customer needs.
- Manage and control assigned loan portfolio to ensure it is at an acceptable level of risk and generates an appropriate return by:
- researching, verifying and analyzing credit applications and preparing comprehensive credit applications of large and complex transactions meeting the guidelines set out in the monograph Term Finance and Leasing manuals; exercising sound credit judgement based on thorough investigations and analyses;
- monitoring all assigned accounts to ensure conformity to terms and conditions, as stipulated in credit authorizations with timely financial statement reviews, applying diligence to collecting overdue accounts as reported on the monthly Late Payment Report. Promptly identifying and resolving deteriorating credit quality and participating as necessary in the resolution of problem loan situations;
- maintaining a solid client relationship on assigned client base, keeping an awareness of the affairs of customers, ensuring administration of the accounts is timely (reviews) and a comprehensive database of activities is maintained.
- Assist the Managing Director/Director to maintain District Office productivity, and develop staff to provide excellent service by:
- recommending goals and performance objectives, providing coaching and support to officers on using Sales Management skills - establishing a sales call program, establishing a sales marketing data base using RMS and/ or other Roynat software applications, and assisting in demonstrating other internal processes for the delivery of services;
- providing in-house coaching on credit administration and credit presentations;
- monitoring performance and ascertain training requirements to enhance development of staff and providing timely performance feedback;
- ensuring District Office reports and correspondence are completed accurately and promptly;
- assisting in recruiting and/or training staff as required (within authorized complement);
Complexity of Position / Knowledge Required
- completing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Managing Director/Director.
Roynat Inc. is a leading private term lender specializing in term financing, leasing subordinated debt and mezzanine financing solutions for small and medium size businesses typically for amounts in the general range of $500m - $20mm. The incumbent plans his/ her goals, strategies and activities for no more than 12 months ahead.
The Associate Director must have an in-depth understanding of a wide variety of industries and markets which require specialized knowledge due to complexity. Ideally he/she possesses a University degree in business, finance, economics or 5-8 years related banking or business experience. Key Requirements:
- Sales and Sales Management (if applicable) skills;
- The ability to implement a comprehensive marketing program to maximize the potential of an assigned territory.
- Proven selling and negotiating skills in handling complex selling situations.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, with customers, staff and in dealing with the community generally.
- General Computer knowledge to effectively use various computer software applications, including database systems, electronic E-Mail, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of credit products and related policies, and an extensive knowledge of District Office procedures and operations.
- Superior skills in financial analysis and risk assessment.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, structuring and pricing credits, managing and collecting problem accounts.
- Have an awareness of differences in the tax, legal and accounting rules of the various jurisdictions in which his/her customers operate.
As part of senior management in the District Office, accountabilities are expected to be undertaken with minimum supervision. The incumbent would be expected to be proactive in developing District Office marketing strategies. Personal new business volume targets are commensurate with the more experienced level of the incumbent.
He/she makes recommendations to the Managing Director/Director within his/her assigned limits and recommends specific action for more complex deals or problem accounts.
Location(s): Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Manager, Bank, Banking, Equity, Business Development, Management, Finance, Sales
Management and Executive