Permanent Primary Location:
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada All Available Locations:
The Restructuring Services ("RS
") practice is seeking a dynamic transaction-oriented Senior Associate to join their team. Our practice serves large, multinational companies and banking syndicates, as well other secured lenders, shareholders, and management in commercial mid-market workout and recovery deals. Our clients also include Federal and Provincial regulators and deposit insurers.
Winnipeg RS also works closely with other Financial Advisory service lines, as well as the National and North American RS network, to support non-RS mandates.Our typical engagements include:
• Financial consulting for troubled companies (including viability assessments, going concern and liquidation valuations, cash flow forecasts, business plan reviews and formulation of options and recommendations to clients);
• Performance improvement and turnaround;
• Assistance with business model transitions, transformations and modernization;
• Court or private appointments as receiver, agent or trustee of insolvent companies (includes assessment of assets and claims, realization alternatives, distressed divestiture, creditor and court reporting and claim administration);
• Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) engagements as Monitor or Information Officer; and
• Advisor or liquidator on behalf of financial regulators and company shareholders.
Over time, our professional staff will develop a strong business acumen and important technical skills, and work to build their marketplace and industry credentials to assist and lead in opportunity identification and sales presentations/closing.
From the Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals ("CAIRP
") Vision Statement: "CAIRP members are recognized leaders in providing solutions to financially challenged individuals and businesses, and are the Go-To-Professionals for expertise, information and solutions regarding insolvency and restructuring."As a member of the Deloitte RS Team, you will:
• Analyze companies financial viability based on its financial information and market research;
• Interact with business owners to develop options for financial challenges;
• Communicate with creditors including reviewing analyzing security documents, reviewing proof of claims.
• Assist in writing reports;
• Research industry trends and perform analysis;
• Develop financial models including sensitivity analysis and "what if" scenarios; and
• Conduct detailed research and analysis of client, industry and market performance and develop practical strategies and action plans, including supporting financial analysis / models and implementation plans.Qualifications
• Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials;
• CPA designation, with strong analytical skills and a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience;
• Financial modeling skills;
• Superior verbal and written communication skills;
• Problem solving mentality;
• Strong interpersonal and interview skills, particularly in crisis situations;
• High adversity quotient, grit;
• Ability to identify and implement practical solutions;
• Mobility for out-of-town assignments as required;
• Professionally flexible to support valuation, forensic and dispute services, corporate finance, transaction services, performance enhancement or other deal needs.
Candidates will be expected to enroll in the Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP) Qualification Program run by CAIRP and proceed to obtain the technical and practical qualifications to become a CIRP and a Licensed Insolvency Trustee.Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply