Permanent Primary Location:
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada All Available Locations:
Winnipeg Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE. Ready to become a key member in the growth of our Assurance practice? Keep reading!What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Consultant in the Assurance group, you will:
• Contribute to the planning and execution of projects
• Work directly with clients on complex technical accounting matters and preparation of complex accounting and process memorandums under IFRS and ASPE
• Work on transactions related to disruptive events, including support accounting due diligence engagements as well as clients with initial public offerings, prospectus, and other regulatory filings
• Opportunities may arise to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country or internationally
• Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
• Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
• Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
• Contribute to business development in growing the Winnipeg Assurance practiceAbout the team
The Winnipeg Assurance group is rapidly expanding. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
Our Assurance group is composed of the Accounting Operations Advisory and Accounting & Reporting Advisory teams, which focus on providing solutions for technical accounting issues as well as enabling CFOs and their Finance teams for success.
Our Accounting & Reporting Advisory Team focuses on assisting our clients and internal Deloitte teams on researching, analyzing and developing technical accounting solutions, assisting entities with the adoption of new standards, understand and advise on corresponding impact to processes and controls, as well as providing an accounting perspective for other advisory engagements. As a Senior Consultant, you would be part of the team to gain unique and broad experiences as you develop into a next generation leader.
We are looking for professionals who are looking to join a high-performing, priority growth area for Deloitte, who will contribute with strong problem-solving skills, a breadth of knowledge with respect to the technical and operational financial reporting, and strong inter-personal skills.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• Have the CPA designation or equivalency OR be in progress of completion of the CPA
• Possess a minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience
• Experience in and knowledge of ASPE, IFRS, internal controls (CSOX) and risk
• Finance experience including accounting research, memo writing and related processes
• Capacity to think about requirements from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options)
• Strong facilitation and presentation skills
• Problem solving (ability to "find it" and "fix it")
• Project management discipline and structure
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilitiesOur shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply by [insert date]
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production