Senior Electrical Estimator
- Reports directly to National Cost Leader.
- Performs take-off and pricing of materials during the design stage.
- Mentors junior staff.
- Safety Focus including consideration of safety in design, construction and operations;
- Electrical systems design to support clients/other disciplines/departments/offices in the areas of responsibility;
- Application of regulations to area of expertise and ensuring compliance;
- Incorporation of safety and risk analysis into equipment designs;
- Ability to work with a minimum of instructions, complete tasks independently, make decisions and take responsibility on technical matters;
- Design management with input from other senior managers on technical decisions;
- Industrial site reviews and evaluations
- Travel to various client sites, attend project meetings and conduct field reviews;
- Coordination with various departments and offices required for project estimates;
- Write and review technical reports, and construction specifications;
- Cost Estimating review and assistance;
- Build client relationships and respond to client requests
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Management and Executive