Requisition ID: 158405
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will be accountable for developing comprehensive and personalized financial plans and specific investment strategies for physician clients and their families tied to the physician lifecycle and various life events.
• You will build rapport and trusted relationships with your clients through active listening and by developing an appreciation of what's important to the client. You'll recommend an approach based on the client's level of understanding and interest tailored to their specific needs.
• You will identify and develop new business opportunities to prospect and grow the client base, while ensuring retention of clients through strong relationship building and the development of comprehensive financial plans.
• As part of a broader network of MD financial experts you will facilitate a team approach by actively partnering with MD Private Investment Counsel (discretionary management), MD Private Trust (estate and executor services), Scotia Wealth Insurance Services and Scotiabank (Private Banking, Mortgages, etc..). You will also work to ensure client needs are pro-actively addressed in alignment with their current financial situation and life stage as well as their future aspirations.
What MD Expects of You:
• A desire to learn - to further your knowledge of advanced financial planning concepts including tax, incorporation, portfolio, and risk management.
• A commitment to compliance - an understanding of industry regulations and associated requirements and an appreciation for Scotiabank's commitment to ethical day to day activities and decisions
• Marketing savvy - a comfort in facilitating seminars and information meetings designed to provide advice and information concerning investment programs and related services.
• A sense of urgency - what's urgent for your client is urgent for you. Attending to their needs is your priority.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a broader team.
• A high level of comfort with technology to support virtual meetings and CRM.
• Confidence - in yourself, in MD's products, in asking for the business
The Must Haves:
• University degree or college diploma in business, commerce or financial planning coupled with the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation. (For Quebec PL Fin is mandatory).
• IIROC licensed as a Registered Representative (IIROC-RR) including completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), the Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH) and 90-day training or willingness to complete such within a specified timeframe.
• Life License (LLQP) and a willingness to complete other regulatory requirements. Completion of the Group Annuity Sector (PQPAV) (Quebec offices only).
• Wealth Management Essentials (post-licensing requirement).
• We are big proponents of life-work integration and provide the flexibility and tools to achieve such.
• We believe an inclusive and diverse work environment makes for happy and productive employees.
• We recognize the importance of well-being and offer programs and benefits to support and sustain the mental and physical health of our employees and their families.
• We know that financial security is important to you and we're here to help - competitive salaries and incentive programs, a defined contribution pension plan and an employee share option purchase program.
• We realize time away to recharge is a non-negotiable - we offer a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with MD. Our team environment ensures you're able to take time off without worrying about your clients.
• We understand that cost-effective banking solutions mean more money in your pocket - through our partnership with Scotia, we offer a variety of preferred banking, credit card, mortgage and home/auto insurance options and discounts.
• We love discounts. Through the WorkPerks program, as an employee of MD you'll have access to thousands of discounts with various vendors across Canada.
Location(s): Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.Job Segment:
Consultant, Consulting, Investment Banking, Compliance, Risk Management, Contract, Finance, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance Customer Service and Support