Senior Software Engineer (Java), Reliability & Platform (AWS) Start: Immediate Permanent Full Time
Put your years of technology experience into a future of excellence!
Our client, a young and exciting tech and logistics company in the Canadian prairies, is growing fast in most of the cities across Canada and the US. If you are a Senior Java Developer with cloud infrastructure background, then let's talk! What's in it for you?
What's the job?
- Work with the best in the industry
- Casual dress code
- Top training opportunity and access to cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Relocation allowance
- RRSP matching in 2021
- Performance-based salary increase
- Flexible work schedule, focused on results
What you bring to the job?
- You will work with an elite team of developers to build scalable systems and troubleshoot using various tools.
- You will be responsible for ensuring services and products seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production.
- You will be responsible for product functionality and scaling services or introducing new services; mitigating risks and making sure systems are reliable.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience/knowledge.
- 5 or more years developing highly scalable systems and/or infrastructure management tooling.
- Exceptional knowledge of Java, especially Java 8 lambdas and streaming functionality.
- Experience with AWS cloud services and the tools and services available.
- Experience with Docker containers, microservices architecture, AWS Lambda and Amazon ECS and Fargate.
- Experience with System logging and monitoring using tools such as Prometheus, Graphite, and CloudWatch.
- Familiarity with CI/CD best practices, Terraform, Jenkins CI, Airflow, AMQ, Kafka, Pusher or other asynchronous communication systems is an asset.
- Proficiency with Git.
- Passion for engineering practices such as TDD and code reviews.
- Good understanding of continuous delivery, deployment and integration.
- Work with data persistence in relational, SQL, unstructured and/or cached forms.
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program . Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions