Senior Manager, Enterprise Assurance
Reference ID: WIN0008A
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen. You won't find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
We currently are seeking for qualified candidates for an excellent career opportunity for a full time Senior Manager for our Enterprise Assurance group. Our Enterprise practice focuses exclusively on private and family-owned companies, providing an integrated service offering of accounting, tax and business advisory to achieve the client' corporate and personal needs.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager, you will focus exclusively on helping private and family-owned companies take advantage of opportunities and address challenges unique to them. You will offer hands on personalized service of a boutique style firm coupled with the breadth of service offerings and brandy only a local network can provide.
Skills and attributes for success
• Supervise engagement teams and review work performed
• Continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
• Maintain cooperative relationships and foster mutual support with other EY service line teams
• Successfully monitor the engagement team against the budget, and alter if necessary
• Engagement billing and monitoring collections
• Identify/communicate relevant trends, developments, and key performance drivers relevant to the client.
• Responsible for planning and managing Notice to Reader (NTR) and Review Engagements along with the required tax filings
• Prepare deliverables tailored to client needs and meeting required deadlines
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of the client's industry and marketplace.
• Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team.
• Successfully delegate to all levels of staff.
• Conduct performance reviews, serve as a positive leader and mentor, and contribute to performance feedback/training.
To qualify for the role you must have
• An undergraduate degree or a graduate degree with a minimum of 8+ years of related work experience with preference on public practice experience.
• Must have a Canadian CPA, CA designation, or possess a reciprocal CPA, CA designation recognized with CPA Manitoba.
• Extensive knowledge of financial accounting and ASPE Standards
• Solid understanding of business concepts and issues related to privately owned businesses
• Strong personal and corporate tax knowledge
• Excellent PC skills and experience working with Taxprep, Caseware, Caseview, Quickbooks and Sage
• Outstanding client communication skills and dedication to providing exceptional and timely client services
• Ability to lead teams and manage engagement profitability
• Superior multi-tasking skills
• Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise.
• Ability to take a pragmatic approach to issues that underpin client relationships while demonstrating and living the firm's values
• Excellent project management and leadership skills (lead by example)
Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, a dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: January 18, 2019
Closes: March 19, 2019