Overview You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
Our Governance, Risk Compliance Services professionals provide a range of assurance and advisory services to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of internal audit functions, enterprise risk management programs, third-party relationships, regulatory compliance, governance, and sustainability initiatives.
We analyze and assess an organization's business strategies and related business processes and systems to help organizations understand and address business goals, requirements, risks, controls, and improvement opportunities. Our professionals bring both deep technical and industry experience, allowing clients to strengthen their key governance, risk management and compliance efforts while optimizing business performance. What you will do
The successful candidate will be involved in the delivery of client services including:
What you bring to the role
- Have extensive internal audit and internal controls leadership and implementation experience, preferably in professional services organizations or industry;
- Be able to identify and engage in broader governance discussions and resulting opportunities;
- Understand, and be able to create or assess the effectiveness of existing internal audit functions;
- Have experience interacting with board and audit committee members;
- Be recognized in the local internal audit and risk community;
- Have an established network of relationships in the local area;
- Be willing and prepared to lead our efforts to grow this critical segment of the market;
- Develop an approach to succeed in the market and provide guidance and support to the team;
- Develop and mentor GRCS staff to develop help grow our employees in support of KPMG's focus on performance development;
- Assist organizations with the development, implementation, and implementation of internal audit plans and projects in an internal audit outsourcing or co-sourcing arrangement;
- Implement internal audit plans, internal controls testing programs and Enterprise Risk Management engagements and manage teams to implement advisory projects;
- Participate in the development and delivery of engagement presentations and deliverables to clients;
- Supporting the development, documentation, and assessment of goals, risks, controls, organizations, business processes, systems, reports, and programs/projects across a wide variety of environments;
- Develop, lead and care for client engagement plans, deliverables and expectations as well as review the quality of the fieldwork and deliverables prepared by more junior team members;
- Simultaneously lead and guide multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- 7-10 + years in positions of internal audit, risk management, internal controls, and regulatory compliance leadership;
- Extensive internal controls, compliance, governance and process improvement experience;
- Team organization and business development skills;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and grow opportunities;
- Experience in effectively developing and managing a team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Flexible in their style and quite willing to learn new ways, methods, and approaches;
- Ability to adapt methodologies and techniques to unique circumstances;
- Self-motivated and is willing to ask probing questions to uncover client opportunities;
- CPA and/or CIA designation would be beneficial;
- Knowledge internal auditing standards and practices would be beneficial.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.