Permanent Reference code
:124641 Primary Location:
Toronto, ON All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kitchener, ON; Moncton, NB; Ottawa, ON; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Are you a big picture thinker who is seeking a challenging new opportunity? Apply now!What will your typical day look like?
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Build a network of colleagues for life.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
The Senior Manager, Internal Audit will be focused on executing and leading technology audits and non-technology audits of Deloitte's internal operations, as well as leading function governance and quality activities. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
About the team
- Designing an audit strategy and supporting creation of the audit plan specific to technology audits, aligning with the strategic and business objectives of the firm.
- Providing assurance regarding the effectiveness of technology, ITGCs, application controls, compliance, risk management, information security, and systems recovery.
- Scoping and reviewing the design and implementation of internal systems, including SAP and Salesforce
- Supporting financial and operational audits, function governance activities, and managing co-sourced engagements as required.
- Leading quality improvement activities within the internal audit function.
- Leveraging knowledge of the Deloitte and professional services landscape and relationships from across the network to add value to our internal audit activities.
- Assisting the Director in the development of reports or presentations in preparation for risk updates to the Board-level committee.
- Developing and grow relationships across the group and firm to help promote a strong risk and controls culture.
- Supporting efforts to review global assessments and cooperating with other Deloitte member firm internal audit groups on global projects.
- Act as a backup to the Director.
Our growing internal audit function is focused on bringing insightful recommendations to improve firm operations. We have a supportive and team-oriented culture where we work together to lead the firm in getting ahead of strategic challenges and risks. Critical analysis, relationship building, and creative communication approaches are part of what we do.
The Senior Manager, Internal Audit will report to a Director, and will work closely with 2 managers and our co-sourced counterparts. There is close collaboration required with other stakeholders across RQRR, our service quality and risk teams, global counterparts, and control owners. Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who is/has:
- 7+ years of controls or audit experience, including 4+ years of IT audit experience. Prior experience as a Chief Audit Executive (CAE) or equivalent can be substituted for IT audit experience if the candidate has experience overseeing IT audit activities.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and/or other relevant professional designations are required.
- If successfully hired, candidates who do not have 4+ years of IT audit experience will be required to obtain the CISA or an approved equivalent within 2 years of joining the firm.
- Demonstrated effective project management skills. Must be able to proactively drive and manage multiple tasks and timelines independently and as a team, and lead an audit from start to finish.
- Must have strong written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, including senior leaders, with the ability to impact and influence others.
- Experience with reporting to governance is required. Experience specific to reporting to governance within a professional services firm is preferred.
- Experience with audit, networks, cloud, and IT control methodologies, including COBIT.
- Demonstrated critical-thinking and ability to develop, share and adopt innovative approaches and solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio).
- Experience with data visualization and analytics tools is an asset.
- External client service experience is preferred.
The salary range for this position is $104,000 - $215,000, and individuals may be eligible to participate in our bonus program. Deloitte is fair and competitive when it comes to the salaries of our people. We regularly benchmark across a variety of positions, industries, sectors, targets, and levels. Our approach is grounded on recognizing people's unique strengths and contributions and rewarding the value that they deliver.
Our Total Rewards Package extends well beyond traditional compensation and benefit programs and is designed to recognize employee contributions, encourage personal wellness, and support firm growth. Along with a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunities, we offer a wide array of initiatives that differentiate us as a people-first organization. Some representative examples include: $4,000 per year for mental health support benefits, a $1,300 flexible benefit spending account, 38+ days off (including 10 firm-wide closures known as "Deloitte Days"), flexible work arrangements and a hybrid work structure.Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations) or firstname.lastname@example.org
for any questions relating to careers for Indigenous peoples at Deloitte (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Internal Audit, Developer, Information Security, Information Systems, Project Manager, Finance, Technology
Management and Executive