Permanent Primary Location:
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada All Available Locations:
Winnipeg; Alma; Amos; Bas St-Laurent; Brossard; Burlington; Bécancour; Calgary; Chicoutimi; Dolbeau; Drummondville; Edmonton; Farnham; Fredericton; Gatineau; Granby; Grand-Mère; Halifax; Havre-Saint-Pierre; Hawkesbury; Jonquière; Kanata; Kitchener; La Baie; La Sarre; Langley; Laval; London; Markham; Matane; Mississauga; Moncton; Montreal; New Richmond; Niagara; Normandin; Ottawa; Prince Albert; Prince George; Quebec City; Regina; Rimouski; Roberval; Rouyn-Noranda; Saguenay; Saint John; Saint-Hyacinthe; Saskatoon; Sept-Îles; Shawinigan; Sherbrooke; St-Félicien; St. John's; Toronto; Trois-Pistoles; Trois-Rivières; Val D'Or; Vancouver; Vaughan; Victoria; Windsor Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada. Are you looking for an opportunity to work with business owners and executives on their acquisition and divestiture process? Read more below about joining our group of dedicated M&A professionals!
At Deloitte we value the opportunity to network and build relationships with skilled individuals, even in periods where we are not actively hiring. If you are interested in this role and have the required qualifications, please apply we would love to hear from you!What will your typical day look like?
You will co-coordinate financial due diligence and provide other M&A transaction support to our clients. In addition, candidates will be expected to work as part of full service Deloitte diligence team, liaising and building relationships with financial advisors/investment banks, legal advisors, corporate lenders, investors and other stakeholders on an agreed scope of work. This includes:
• Taking a lead role in delivering advisory services to high growth organizations with a diverse team
• Create long term relationships at a senior client level
• Quickly developing an understanding of the target business and its drivers
• Interpretation and analysis of information memoranda, business plans, publicly available information on the target business
• Identify and lead business development opportunities
• Achieve expertise in an industry specialization
• Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
• Create a learning environment through leadership
• Review analysis of historical trading, quality of earnings, cash flow, working capital, net debt, capital expenditure, forecasts and underlying assumptions
• Review of the adequacy of financing structure including review of agreements and consideration of limits, terms and covenants
• Evaluation of potential synergies and post-merger integration considerations
• Involved in negotiations
• Verbally present findings and observations to senior management as the transaction progresses
• Reporting of potential key issues for our clients including identification of risk or price factors impacting investment decisionsAbout the team
The Transaction Services team is a collaborative group that creates value for clients undergoing a merger, acquisition or divestiture. Our team supports our clients in all stages of the M&A lifecycle through our One-Deloitte approach. We engage on deals of all sizes in diverse industries. The team has successfully closed deals ranging from $5 million to $1 billion in value and serveprimarily mid-market private and public sector clients.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• Completion of an undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
• Completion of a CPA/CA or other equivalent accounting designation is required
• A second designation is preferred like CBV and CFA
• 7+ years of applicable experience, with a minimum of 3 years of M&A Transaction Services experience in public practice
• Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership
• Experienced in business development and building a practice
• Ability to execute a client service plan on complex engagements and work closely with the Partners, in exceeding our client's expectations while identifying and mitigating business risks associated with projects
• Strong external consulting or advisory experience
• Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Canadian travel required, occasional international travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignmentsOur shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Management and Executive