You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Be a part of the largest US corporate tax practice in Canada. Our team assists organizations with their US expansion and operations. This includes structure planning, optimizing capitalization and financing needs as well as assisting with the US tax compliance requirements. We become our client's trusted US tax advisor.
As a senior manager, you will be considered part of the leadership of the team and contribute to its growth, mentoring and culture.
Being based out of an office within the Regions West business unit, you have the benefits of a smaller firm with all the opportunities of the larger KPMG expertise and reputation. We're looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who believes relationships in both business and community have been central to their success to join our growing practice and continue to build their personal brand as a significant trusted business advisor in our community. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Participate in a broad range of complex and challenging US tax work, requiring significant analysis, assessment, and quantification.
- Leading the preparation and the reviews of US corporate and partnership tax returns for multinational clients, as well as US tax provisions for public and private companies.
- Advising on planning opportunities and tax minimization strategies.
- Reviewing the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff.
- Contribute to the culture and vision of the team.
- Work with other office members in attracting new work to the firm.
- Research and analyze a wide variety of U.S. and cross-border tax issues.
- Maintain and manage client files to ensure accurate and timely completion of returns.
Keys to your success:
- 5+ years specializing in US corporate tax in a public accounting firm
- US CPA designation or Enrolled Agent required
- US Masters of Tax recommended
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiates effectively by identifying common ground and potential solutions that are beneficial to all parties
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the clients' business and needs
- Ability to develop, establish and maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic and leadership skills
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.