Interested in helping to shape the future of the smart home? Come work on it! We're building the automatic replenishment services that will be integrated in to the consumer electronics of the future and delivering a service for developers to build zero-click shopping experiences! We're working hard, having fun, and making history!
The Alexa Smart Home team is looking for a strategic and results-oriented an experienced Product Management leader. This role is responsible for exploring new technologies in the product replenishment space and launching features that drive adoption and delight customers.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial background and has experience bringing new technologies/business models to market. Strong communication (written and verbal) is also critical.
We are flexible on the location.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead the development and execution of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis.
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market.
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- MBA or Master's degree
- Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers in households
- Experience building connected home, home automation, smart home, and/or other consumer IoT products or services.
- Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Experience with developer evangelism.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive