Requisition ID: 120086
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Be part of this Winning Team: a purpose-driven team, committed to results in an inclusive and high-performance culture!
The "SRM" Scotia Leasing, is responsible for the marketing and sales of all Scotia Leasing products on a direct basis to our Commercial Banking clients and prospects. The focus of sales efforts will be on equipment finance and lease transactions from $100,000 to $5 million for Small Business Banking, mid-market commercial, large corporate, institutions and government.
- Is this role right for you?
- Educational Requirement: University degree.
- Do you love the details and current knowledge of all aspects of equipment finance and leasing - specifically with special emphasis on accounting, taxation, credit, pricing and security?
- Do you have a solid understanding of financial statements, financial analysis and credit structuring typically found in the Commercial Lending environment?
- Have a good understanding of financial theory of lease vs. buy analysis utilizing the Rubicon program for modeling different finance structure options.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with client CFO's & Controllers as well as internal Bank staff such as VP's, Directors, Sr. CRM's/CRM, administrative/operations staff.
- Are you confident you have a proven understanding of the leasing industry, competitors, pricing environment, security requirements and product offerings?
- Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if:
- Y ou have experience in acquiring profitable good quality equipment finance and lease transactions.
- Experience in identifying likely prospects and implementing an aggressive calling program within the assigned area.
- A track record of maintaining an aggressive calling program. Maintains close contact with Sr. CRM's/CRM, their clients and prospects. Maintain regular contact with Commercial Banking clients who acquire larger, regular amounts of equipment ensuring Leasing is given every opportunity to quote on client's equipment finance and lease requirements.
- Proud of the experience you have in negotiating equipment finance/leases ensuring the structure addresses all accounting, legal and taxation issues, as well as addressing all risks and requirements associated with different equipment / transactions from a credit, insurance and taxation perspective.
- Worked on pricing for transactions up to $2MM (above $2MM you would clearly and concisely recommend pricing to Director).
- Experience in obtaining and analyzing financial information to ensure minimum financial criteria is met to bring opportunity forward to Sr. CRM's /CRM to provide lease proposal and possibly to formal credit request.
- With a strong track record of preparing and recommending strategies and plans to acquire profitable new business within the assigned scope of activities.
- You would be responsible for negotiating and structuring directly with the client to ensure equipment finance or lease structure meets client's financing, accounting and taxation requirements. Work closely with Sr. CRM's/CRM to ensure lease structure is properly advised in credit submissions. Also responsible for recommending pricing, preparing proposals and input to credits, high level review of financial statements to ensure client will meet Bank's credit criteria, as well as assisting with lease documentation preparation and accuracy.
- The SRM is also responsible for influencing the Commercial Bank's sales and credit teams, as well as Small Business Banking to sell Scotia Leasing's products to their clients and prospects. This includes regular visits to Commercial Centres and Branches, presentations, joint cold calling and customer calls, and a deep understanding of the Commercial Banking portfolio in your territory, local industry and the local and national economic environment.
- In this role you would report directly to the Director and Group Lead, Western Canada.
- You would be part of an organization committed to making a difference in our communities - for you and our customers.
- Have the opportunity to join a forward-thinking organization surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
The incumbent is required to travel, several times a month on an unplanned basis within the assigned area. Daily travel by automobile is required. The incumbent is required to carry a laptop and or iPhone in addition to whatever papers and documents are required.
** We are open to candidates in Manitoba and Saskatchwan.
Equipment financing applications must be dealt with in a timely manner to provide superior customer service. The incumbent has no control over the number of applications received as this is customer and prospect driven. There is stress involved in handling many calls per day both in and out of the office, many of which present problems or opportunities which must be handled immediately.
Location(s): Winnipeg || Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg || Canada : Saskatchewan : Regina || Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Financial, Bank, Banking, Manager, Technology, Finance, Management