Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information. As a Restructuring Services Senior you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. When you join our industry-leading team, you'll be right at the heart of that challenge, working with leading business tools and methodologies to provide to some of the most sophisticated clients around. The opportunity
Our global network of Restructuring Services professionals helps clients develop financial and operational strategies to improve liquidity, credit availability and shareholder return. Our Restructuring Advisory Services team is fully integrated both within our wider Transaction Advisory Services practice and our firm as a whole, and our clients reap the benefits of this broad range of knowledge, skills and experience. We work on the basis of creating long-term relationships with our clients and our teams work closely with them to understand their short and long-term goals - being there at every stage to identify problems and recommend and implement solutions that deliver measurable results. Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Staff, you have the opportunity to work our Restructuring specialty practice. As an integral member of our corporate restructuring practice, you will assist in the planning and execution of engagements including managing specific elements of larger projects and providing overall management for smaller engagements. Skills and attributes for success
• Actively contribute to report writing and detailed valuation analysis and financial modelling.
• Interacting with client staff, bankers and legal counsel to obtain information, report findings and provide instructions.
• Dealing with creditors and other stakeholders.
• Participate in acquisitions, divestitures or merger assignments.
• Synthesize research information to be used in modeling, competitive analysis, industry analysis, negotiation support and various other applications.
• Prepare and deliver presentations to clients
• Ability to prepare high-quality written communication
• Ability to present in a clear, concise and confident manner to clients and other audiences
• Effective time management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
• A CPA, CA, designation with two to four years of experience in a professional services firm or other business environment
• Skills in problem solving, situational analysis, creativity, negotiation and decision making
• High level of technical competence in conducting financial analysis
• Advanced financial modelling knowledge and ability to prepare short-term cash flow projection
• Comprehensive understanding of financial statement analysis
• Strong interest in building a business network and participating in business development activities both alone and with other team members
Ideally, you'll also have
• Willing to enrol in the CIRP Qualification Program
• Willing to sit for the oral board examination to qualify as a Licenced Insolvency Trustee
• Embrace the uncertainty and often fluid nature of the work and will have a "roll up the sleeves" attitude and a high level of creative energy and enthusiasm
• Ability to work either autonomously or with a team on a number of simultaneous projects
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for Transactional Advisory Services and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry About EY
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance