Senior Scala Developer Permanent Location: Calgary or Winnipeg
Our is looking for a Senior Scala Developer to join them in a permanent role. You'll have the opportunity to work with big data technologies, building scalable and reliable solutions to support real-time analytics, advanced data science and critical operational projects powered by data.
- The team's role is to build a transformational data platform in order to democratize data
- They are always learning, growing, inquisitive and keen on new technologies and open source tooling. They love like-minded engineers with a passion to keep our code-base and infrastructure best in class.
- All their tools and components are built for scale and they use Kubernetes and other tools to help scale automatically.
- They use serverless technologies where possible to simplify their estate, technologies like BigQuery, PubSub, Dataflow and Cloud functions allow them to move quickly. In addition, they run a Kubernetes cluster on GKE with many workloads including instances of Apache Airflow.
- Everyone in the team contributes to infrastructure, they have a CI/CD pipeline and that defines their infrastructure as code
- Their stack includes Terraform, Jenkins and Helm
- Teams monitor their applications using Prometheus, Grafana and alert manager.
- You love writing well tested, readable and performant code, capable of processing large volumes of data. You have mastery in Scala.
- You love working with Cloud technologies and have experience in working with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud. They use Google Cloud with a mix of services - Kubernetes, Dataflow, PubSub etc.
- You can contribute to architecture discussions and influence peers and stakeholders to make better decisions.
- You have the inclination to collaborate and the ability to communicate technical ideas clearly.
- You understand the entire product development lifecycle, from coding to deployments, to monitoring, alerting etc
- You understand the fundamentals of computing and distributed systems.
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program . Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.