Would you like to be part of a team focused on driving innovation in the transportation industry, while working to empower entrepreneurs, and contribute to Amazon's sustainability goals? If you have a passion for developing new software and driving technology decisions, you may be just right for the Senior Software Developer role for Amazon Freight Partner. Amazon Freight Partner (freightpartner.amazon.com) is a new program that enables entrepreneurs to start and grow their trucking business alongside Amazon, with exclusive training, ability to hire from their local communities, and long-term growth potential. The Amazon Freight Partner team is seeking candidates with entrepreneurial spirit who are quick learners and comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment.
Key job responsibilities
You'll design and develop systems and applications used by Amazon worldwide and will regularly interact with engineering and business leadership. You will participate in the planning and execution of technology projects, including system design, CI/CD development, and building software that scales. You'll also mentor junior engineers in employing strong design and implementation practices.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to have an established background in building scalable systems and applications, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals. Experience with building and operating web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at scale, will be very applicable and helpful.
Come and see for yourself why Amazon is rated as one of the top companies on the Forbes
World's Best Employers of 2020 list - and build the future of transportation with us!
A day in the life
- Drive the design of new components.
- Design new systems and work with experts to ensure scalability is achieved.
- Refine the team's processes where they need improvement.
- Advise leadership on software decisions and where to invest in improving operational excellence.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Write amazing software.
About the team
We are developing products that will enable entrepreneurs to leverage the massive scale of Amazon, and use our world-class software to build successful businesses in the transportation industry.
We are a collaborative team, there to support each other as we grow our skills. Career development and continual learning are paramount to our team being successful.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Excellent mentoring and teaching skills.
- Can create prototypes quickly, and then evolve them to scale.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming