Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the position:
Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS) is an AWS service that allows developers to easily leverage the low-latency highly-distributed live video platform that powers Twitch in their own applications. The Web Video Clients team is looking for engineers to work on our web clients, including the video player SDK that provides low latency playback for Twitch/IVS and upcoming products to simplify broadcasting.
You'll experience the best of both worlds while working on a brand new AWS service at Twitch-you'll be immersed in Twitch's creator-first culture and enjoy our perks while moving fast to build a new business. You'll make an impact on Twitch, the largest live video entertainment platform in the world with over 1 trillion minutes of content watched in 2020, and on an expanding and evolving AWS service. You'll work on projects like optimizing the adaptive bitrate algorithm for reduced video buffering, adding playback and broadcast support for new client platforms, simplifying our SDKs so they're easier to integrate with, and building entirely new video SDKs. You will report to the Senior Manager, Video Engineering.
We envision a product that allows for real-time interactivity broadcast to millions of viewers with less than a second of delay. To get there, we will have to push the boundaries of existing video standards, experiment with new ones, and open source our work along the way. We need your help to figure this out!
This position can also be located in San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; Denver, CO; and Salt Lake City, UT; US-Virtual
• Take ownership of key components of the IVS web player SDK and other web video clients
• Leverage bleeding-edge web technologies like WebTransport and WebAssembly
• Experiment to decide and collaborate with backend video teams like the ingest, transcode, and distribution teams to build interactive video experiences
• Help define our open source strategyBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of professional software development or equivalent expertise
• Proficient with modern web technologies like TypeScript, ES6, Webpack, NPM
• Strong understanding of software architecture fundamentals, such as async programming, object oriented design, abstractions, software design, and multiple testing methodologies
• Great communication skills and can clearly articulate complex technical problems and solutionsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience working with web media APIs like Media Source Extensions, Encrypted Media Extensions, MediaCapabilities, WebCodecs, WebRTC
• Experience working with web players like hls.js, Shaka Player, dash.js, video.js
• Working familiarity with C++
• Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
• 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
• Flexible PTO
• Commuter Benefits
• Amazon Employee Discount
• Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
• Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
• Free Snacks & Beverages
Software and Programming