Service Desk Analyst - Junior
The Service Desk Analyst is a foundational role within the IT environment of our organization. The main aim of the Service Desk Analyst is to be the technical face and voice of Enterprise Technology Services to a diverse customer base reaching from executives through to front-end staff.
The Service Desk Analyst will have a broad understanding of Flight Centres full technology offering, as well as having the specific understanding of Hardware and PC Support and the Standard Operating Environment (SOE).
The Service Desk Analyst will have highly effective skills in communication and customer service with the ability to network and maintain relationships with other support teams Responsibilities:
- Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email, and chat to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs.
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician, when required. Act as an escalation point for advanced or difficult help requests.
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Contribute to technician knowledgebase as needed
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
- Works under supervision. Uses little discretion. Is expected to seek guidance in unexpected situations.
- Minimal influence. May work alone, or interact with immediate colleagues.
- Performs routine activities in a structured environment. Requires assistance in resolving unexpected problems.
- Has a basic generic knowledge appropriate to area of work. Applies newly acquired knowledge to develop new skills.
- Has sufficient communication skills for effective dialogue with others.
- Demonstrates an organised approach to work.
- Uses basic systems and tools, applications, and processes.
- Contributes to identifying own development opportunities.
- Follows code of conduct, ethics and organizational standards.
- Is aware of health and safety issues. Understands and applies basic personal security practice.
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts.
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- Generous paid-time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP with matching
- Employee Share Plan
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
Location - Toronto - CANADA
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award winning culture then APPLY NOW.
Travel is booming once again, and our roles are being filled quicker than a nonstop from London to New York. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close:
Customer Service and Support Operations and Logistics