Position Title Skills Coach Posting Number 01834SA Location Various Douglas College Campuses/Satellite Campuses Grade or Pay Level - Salary Range - Position Type Other Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Training Group Start Date 05/01/2023 End Date 03/31/2024 Day of the Week Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays Shift NA Work Arrangements
This is a full time position at 35 hours per week. Work locations include partner offices in Vancouver, Douglas College Burnaby/Coquitlam Campuses. May
include hybrid of face to face and online delivery.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Skills Coach position will work closely with our Skills for Success Coordinator and project partners to develop curriculum and provide Skills for Success instruction for jobs in manufacturing, This position supports a partner organization the YWCA Metro Vancouver to deliver a national Manufacturing Skills for Success project for racialized persons.Responsibilities
Skills Coach is Responsible for:
Assisting with Intake of Clients:
- conduct screening interviews
- provide input on selection of participants in reference to selection criteria
- Administer Skills for Success Assessments;
- Interpret assessments results and debrief with test takers
- Create customized learning activities that relate to participants employment or learning goals and incorporate authentic workplace documents;
- Develop curriculum that scaffolds learning and integrates skills for success strategies into learning activities.
Facilitation and Coaching:
- Facilitate in-person and online interactive sessions with up to 16 participants to help learners develop the Government of Canada's identified Skills for Success;
- Conduct summative and formative participant evaluations;
- Provide individual learners with support and coaching as required to meet the objectives of the training
Administration and Reporting:
- Maintain records of client participation, attendance and activity completion adhere to privacy requirements;
- Maintain organized electronic file system of curriculum with instruction guides on Share Point;
- Communicate regularly with Program Coordinator to provide updates;
- Complete reports and paperwork as required;
- Contribute to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
Miscellanous as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Education) or ESL instruction, and:
- 2 years experience facilitating learning using a construct pedagogical approach, or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience with learner assessments and debriefing;
- Ability to create and facilitate engaging customized work focused curriculum;
- Knowledge and experience delivering Skills for Success
- Ability to create inclusive classrooms with diverse learners from various cultural backgrounds,
- Ability to provide coaching that targets individual needs;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to diffuse difficult situations
- Proficiency with online delivery tools and learning management systems such as Blackboard & software such as Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of partners from other organizations ;
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal records check. A criminal record will not automatically result in your application for employment being denied.
- ESPT Certification Preferred
Link to Full Position Profile Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 04/14/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/10538
Education and Training