Are you passionate about technology? Do you enjoy using it to create solutions that drive the business? Do you want to be part of a team that works with all of Amazon's digital presence? Do you want learn how to use AWS technologies and NoSQL solutions to build data driven and configurable platforms that calculate and aggregate royalties/accounting for all of Amazon's Digital Content Providers? Are you interested in creating software solutions that enable the innovation and growth of the Amazon business? We are looking for self-starters who enjoy working with a team of smart, entrepreneurial engineers & business teams, and like solving challenges at Amazon impact and scale. You will be building solutions that enable the business to grow faster, and help software platforms get out of the way of that growth. You will be working with DynamoDb, S3, Hadoop and a horde of AWS and Amazon grown technologies. Bring your Java chops, or learn with us as you grow your career at Amazon!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field, or 4+ years relevant work experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, or C#.
- Experience designing and implementing reliable and efficient systems that operate at incredible scale
- Previous experience using AWS technologies
- Experience using large-scale distributed systems like Hadoop, SPARK, Hive and map reduce to solve big data problems - Strong written and verbal communication skills preferred
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience mentoring software engineers and influencing best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming