Do you have the passion for developing new shopping experiences for millions of customers, the appetite for continuous learning, and the ability to turn new ideas into reality?
The Replenishment Services & Innovations team (RSI) is looking for a talented Software Development Engineer II (SDE-II) with a strong sense of ownership and passion for delivering creative solutions for complex problems on an unprecedented scale. In our team, you will have the opportunity to build smart and personalized experiences for customers to seamlessly re-order their everyday essential products. Re-ordering of consumables is a multi-billion opportunity for Amazon as we grow from the "everything store" to "everything and everyday store". We use a variety of optimization approaches to drive the discovery, engagement and conversion for customers' everyday essential products.
Our features, such as Reorder & Save, Your Essentials, Purchase Reminders, Reminder Notifications, Past Order Information etc features offer customers convenient capabilities to re-order and manage discounts or coupons for re-ordering customers. We spend over 50% of our time incubating new products and services, including those using latest IoT technologies. You will also be part of launching Amazon shopping on new smart screens - smart watches, smart home appliances, screened Echo devices - because we are the first team at Amazon to offer an official SDK that device manufacturers can use to bring Amazon shopping to their screens.
We are looking for talented software development engineers who are eager to shine by designing and developing world-class solutions. The engineering candidate wants to have ownership of a domain to deliver meaning results to the customers. As an organization, we work hard to not only deliver results but invest in each team member's career and skill sets goals. As part of a talented team of technologists at RSI, you will have the opportunity to create significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers as we take on problems that can revolutionize the e-commerce industry. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products used every day, by people you know.
Our technical challenges involve a combination of back-end software engineering, user interface development, and applied science. As a engineer on the team:
• You will build a customer facing product across the whole software development life cycle from ground-up in an entrepreneurial, start-up like environment
• You will design and build distributed systems, building front end applications that can scale to millions of requests and deployed globally delivering an exceptional customer experience.
• You will build software that scales effortlessly, has low latency, is robust and extensible.
• You will work with cross-functional teams including UI/UX designers, machine learning scientists, product managers, and other softwareBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming