Amazon Redshift is the world's most popular fully managed cloud data warehouse. Tens of thousands of enterprise customers use Redshift to crunch through exabytes of data in the cloud to make business critical decisions every day. To stay ahead in such a mission critical setting, at Redshift, we must always re-invent ourselves for customers. We are always looking for the innovative engineers to help shape the future of Redshift.
We are actively hiring talented software engineers in the query processing team of Redshift. Query processing is at the heart of Redshift data plane and is responsible for query analysis, query optimization and the massive parallel execution engine. As a software engineer in query processing, you will:
- Design and implement new SQL language features which add to the rich functionalities Redshift provides to the end users such as analysts, data engineers and data scientists.
- Design and implement state-of-the-art distributed data processing algorithms for the parallel execution query engine.
- Work on integration between Redshift and other AWS services in the AWS ecosystem, including data ingestion, federation, machine learning and many more.
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement by in-depth analysis of the query plan and query execution states.
- Deploy and monitor new features in a highly available and fault tolerant system running in the cloud.
- Mentor other engineers, providing technical guidance and helping to build a fast-growing team
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing business and help shape the technology powering analytical workloads for Fortune 500 companies, startups, and everything in between. You will bring deep technical, algorithmic and coding expertise with the ability to work within a fast moving and collaborative environment in the industry leading cloud company to deliver a broad business impact.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years backend and distributed system software engineering experience.
- Experience in databases or building core processing components for large scale data processing systems.
- Experience in writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization. Proficient in C++, C or Java.
- Excellent communication skills, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills.
- Master's or PhD degree in computer science.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming