Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been leading the world into the cloud computing era since its inception in 2006. The AWS Partner Network (APN) is the vital ecosystem we have created with our tens of thousands of consulting and technology partners, to promote AWS in every industry, every size of company, and every region of the world. APN offerings include validating partner qualifications in distinct areas, lead/opportunity sharing, training and certifications, marketing assistance, funding reimbursement, et al. The AWS Partner Systems team is responsible for external and internal supporting Partner Sales, the APN, and other elements driving the AWS partner ecosystem. We serve three groups of stakeholders: partners who work with us to sell AWS, customers who use AWS, and internal users responsible for driving AWS sales and adoption via partners.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Are you interested in building secured, highly available, performant, and scalable systems, web services, products and integrations between cloud and on-prem applications that support AWS' current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
AWS Partner Systems is looking for a results-oriented, self-driven Development who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable systems that support AWS' current and future business needs. In this role, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, relish working with high volume of data, the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. You will design and develop services that processes millions of transactions in secured environment.
If you have cloud experience, love building , are self-directed, know how to get things done, are passionate learner, can mentor and lead teams, and are motivated to take on big challenges, this is the right job for you. In this position you will leverage your practical experience in building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture).BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Proficiency in Java in a Linux/Unix environment. Experience with C, C++. Experience using SQL
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming