AWS Shield protects applications against external threats, like vulnerability exploitation, bad bots, and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. Customers like Netflix, Dow Jones, Mapbox, Pearson, Rovio, and Amazon.com can focus on their own development knowing that their application is protected by AWS Shield.
Our core competency is automating the detection and mitigation of complex, large-scale security issues. The number of attacks mitigated by AWS has more than doubled year-over-year while our operational burden has declined. When we identify a solution to a common issue, we prioritize improvements that detect and mitigate the problem safely and consistently, allowing our engineers to focus on the next big problem.
In this role, you will build software for the Shield Core team who is responsible for development of the AWS Shield product, including the management console, APIs, and resource-level detection services. Using the console or API, customers can subscribe to AWS Shield, choose resources to protect, and configure advanced features like health-based detection and proactive engagement. When an application running on AWS is targeted by a DDoS attack, the services that you develop will detect the event, signal mitigation, and generate reports for the customer.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrable expertise in software engineering best practices and full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and influence both product strategy and outcomes in technical decision-making
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming