Ever wondered how Amazon offers the Earth's biggest selection and still manages to offer lower prices every day to our customers? Our consumer business teams work with a massive array of selling partners and business financial performance metrics to expand selection and drive costs lower. Given the rapid growth of our business, this requires our category leaders, financial analysts, account managers, site merchandisers and vendor managers to quickly analyze vendors, merchants, categories and brands, diving deep into data showing business efficiency down to the unit sale level. The technology that enables this has huge visibility and impact and is critical to Amazon's continued profitability and growth.
We're working on the future. If you are seeking an environment where you can drive innovation. If you want to apply state-of-the-art software technologies to solve real world problems. If you want the satisfaction of providing visible benefit to end-users in an iterative fast paced environment, this is your opportunity. The responsibilities of this role will be key in paving the future of Amazon Consumer and transforming how we do business.
You will be part of a team of creative, top-notch software developers to work hard, have fun, and make history. Software engineers at Amazon are more than just order takers; they see a problem and leverage innovative technology to address it. You will be working with very large data sets, well beyond the scalability limits of conventional relational databases. We're looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take "no" for an answer.
Our team is within the Financial and Developer Services organization and develops sophisticated tools for the Amazon Consumer businesses, supporting deep dive analysis, vendor negotiations and business planning towards enhancement at the bottom line. We also provide financial and operational reports to Amazon retail vendors worldwide.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Experience taking a leading role in designing, building and successfully delivering complex software systems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills
- Knowledge of user experience development or distributed cloud applications a big plus.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and/or machine learning is a plus but not required.
- Experience with Agile software development (scrum) is a plus but not required.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming