Are you passionate about building a large-scale, distributed, highly available, and reliable in-memory database? We are building in-memory services, powered by open-source databases such as Redis and Memcached, and optimized for sub millisecond latency at scale. Come and join us to define the future of ElastiCache at AWS.
As a Software Development Engineer in our in-memory computing platform team, you will build large-scale, distributed in-memory storage platform, with sub-millisecond latency. You will leverage open source technologies like Redis, Memcached, and Amazon proprietary technologies. This includes Data Plane extremely fast and high throughput development, low level optimizations, asynchronous messaging, event-based technologies, real-time failure detection system, horizontal and vertical scaling, auto-remediation, high availability, fault tolerance, storage technologies, snapshoting, and disaster recovery.
As the key member of the engineering team, you will have a significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define the product features, drive system architecture. Creating a reliable, scalable, and high-performance service requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. You should be someone who enjoys working on complex system software and innovate on behalf of our customers.
Come work with the folks who are not only building a highly-available and scalable in-memory distributed service but also influencing the direction of No SQL systems throughout the industry.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 3+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Hands-on technical expertise in at least two major technical areas: large scale systems engineering, building complex distributed systems, low level performance optimization, databases or storage systems, or Redis
- Native development using C or C++ in high throughput low latency systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming