Do you want to join a team that is building a massively scale in-memory data store? We are building in-memory services, powered by open-source, and optimized for sub millisecond latency at scale.
Our charter is AWS ElastiCache ((https://aws.amazon.com/elasticache/). Elasticache is a service that enables users to deploy, manage and massively scale in-memory data stores such as Memcached & Redis. Customers include many of the world's fastest growing start-ups, using the service to build low latency, high throughput data layer and improve performance of applications using caching. We recently launched another database in our portfolio, MemoryDB (https://aws.amazon.com/memorydb/), that supports durability for Redis datastores.
Our software developers build the next generation technologies that change how millions of AWS customers connect, and interact with AWS services ecosystem. We are looking for highly-motivated and passionate engineers to build our next generation in-memory services. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a member of the team, you will also get to work with exceptional team members and be directly involved in growing and mentoring junior engineers on the team. We are about to embark on a multi-year journey to enable a serverless provisioning model for our customers. Come join us and be part of this adventure.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employeeled affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
• Passion for the developer experience.
• Familiarity with multiple programming languages across platforms (Java, Python, C# etc.,)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to contribute and work in OSS (Open Source Software) ecosystem
• 3+ years of experience in delivering client-side SDKs, and ToolsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant advanced degree
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Knowledge and experience with operating systems internals, database kernels, networking, distributed systems and virtualization are a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming