Do you want to be part of a fun smart team that builds a world-class e-commerce platform spearheading innovative technology based solutions to crack the paradox of choice for hundreds of millions of shoppers all over the world?
At Amazon we are obsessed with reinventing shopping experience on behalf of our customers, introducing them to new programs and products using seamlessly integrated technology behind the scenes. Our mission is to put each customer at center of the universe and deliver an effective 1:1 personalization experience across all Amazon channels and devices. Today we are solving this world-class problem with the latest and greatest technology ranging from ultra-scalable AWS big-data and compute platforms, API services fleet capable of 100,000+ TPS, to real-time, low-latency model that tracks customer histories and recommends the best products, services and benefits. We are also integrating machine learning (ML) technology to increase the system performance and efficacy to a new level.
Key job responsibilities
We are expanding our engineering team and looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer who is passionate about building the high quality software systems to deliver our customers the best-of-industry shopping experience. You will work in a highly collaborative environment with many talented team members in business strategy, product development, software engineering, and business intelligence. You should have great problem solving skills, and confidence in learning and growing your skills in many AWS technologies, including EMR, Kinesis, Lambda, SageMaker ML, Redshift Spectrum, DynamoDB, Aurora, Spark, EC2, S3 and many others. You love keeping abreast of the latest technology and use it to help you innovate. You should also have strong leadership qualities, great judgment, clear communication skills, and a track record of delivering resilient production ready products. This is a job in high visibility and fast-paced environment where you will have a unique opportunity to create and build the products and systems that drive direct, measurable impacts to hundreds of millions of Amazon customers.
A day in the life
- Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
- Participate in cross functional development on new technology from through delivery
- Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
- Communicate regularly with management on status, risks and change control
About the team
LEO Tech teams builds the marketing platform for internal product lines to help increase engagement with Amazons products and services. Our pipelines process petabyte scale datasets, extract and index actionable insights that drive high value actions for our customers and make their Amazon journey more personalized and drive better engagement across many of our new products.
Sustainability and quality of life for the developers are one of the primary considerations for our team. We have a great team culture in place to onboard new engineers and help them deliver customer impact.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficiency in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge of modern programming languages such as Java, C++ or C#.
- 2+ years of software development experience required.
- Experience with distributed computing and building highly scalable systems.
- Experience with high performance and scalable web service design and implementation.
- Experience with both relational and No-SQL database such as DynamoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Track record of delivering results in a collaborative work environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming