Have you ever bought a 3rd party item at Amazon? Or perhaps sold an old textbook or extra copy of a movie? Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com, with about a third of all items being sold by 3rd party merchants. The Merchant Transit Data Service team drives this multi-billion dollar business and develops solutions to enable millions of sellers around the world to sell on Amazon's Marketplaces. We are the team develops the next generation regional shipping platform.
We are looking for engineers with a strong sense of ownership, customer obsession and passion to deliver creative solutions dealing with large scale data in a complicated distributed system. As part of the team, you will be able to make a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers as we take on significant challenges that can reshape the e-commerce industry.
Successful candidates are innovative, flexible, self-directed, and able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment along with a team of bright minds is essential. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment to deliver world class mission critical systems, this may be the opportunity for you!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer -- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Key job responsibilities
As part of MTDS' mission, we are looking for a L5 SDE to work on services and features that improve the discoverability of delivery options for all customers, and utilize our current delivery experience architecture. To succeed, the skill to build highly scalable, fault-tolerant systems that can withstand millions of operations per day will not be enough. You will be responsible for projects that require enhancements to multiple systems, including many outside your team's ownership. You'll need a proven ability to architect elegant solutions to new challenges spanning multiple systems, and to effectively share your technical vision with others. You will be working with multiple teams across the company in many different areas, so collaboration skills are a must. So, if you're creative, talented, have a strong sense of both technical and business ownership, and enjoy solving complex challenges that have a huge impact on all of Amazon's customers, we've definitely got the role for you!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- 1+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java or C# including object-oriented design
- Technically sound in software development activities
- Experience shipping high quality and super robust software on time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience building distributes storage offerings
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with DNS, Load Balance, networking protocols
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software
- Internet and operating system security fundamentals
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming