Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale relational databases in the cloud. We provide everything from cost-efficient and resizable capacity to tools that automate time-consuming administration tasks.
We are looking for passionate software development engineers to help us build ground-breaking new products to turn the raw telemetry data that we collect into intelligent, actionable insights and proactive recommendations, to help our customers manage databases, prevent problems from happening, and provide the right information necessary to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
This is a rare chance for you to be a part of a highly visible team that is responsible for building new services using the latest technology stack, including data lake and data warehousing techniques. You will be solving the engineering challenges in distributed systems at massive scale. As a customer-facing AWS service, our solutions have to be solid, scalable, efficient, and highly fault tolerant. AWS operates large-scale, mission critical workloads, so you will have opportunity to take end to end responsibility for the operational excellence of your service.
To learn more about RDS visit: https://aws.amazon.com/rds/
Key job responsibilities
* Apply professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Working with cloud services and operating large scale systems
* Apply Understanding and knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
About the team
*Work/Life Balance *
The Amazon RDS team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
*Mentorship & Career Growth *
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks, problems to solve in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
* 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
* Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
* 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
* Ability to work in a diverse environment.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Hands-on experience with professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
* Understanding and knowledge of a relational database system such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
* Experience working with cloud services or operating large-scale systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming