Do you enjoy your favorite websites, movie streaming services and mobile app working all the time without you ever worrying about how the underlying systems that serve you the content do that quickly and reliably, seem to magically work without exhibiting capacity limits, are resilient to hardware failures, and survive even state-wide natural disasters? If the answer is yes, and the question spikes your interest, then read on.
We run Amazon Route 53, a highly available and scalable cloud Domain Name System (DNS) service. Our day to day work is to design, develop, deploy and operate software that manages customer DNS data. Due to the critical nature of DNS, we try to make our software highly available and scalable and efficient, which essentially requires developing complex distributed systems. As a result, members of our team are either experts in building robust distributed systems or are becoming experts.
We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, and reliable; someone who will help us build on the positive team culture we've been cultivating.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience
- Experience implementing servers in a Linux environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming