Are you interested in building internet's largest scale Search Marketing systems? Are you an engineer who likes to think big and use technology to solve real world business problems? If the answer to above questions is yes, then this opportunity is for you!
Amazon's Search Marketing team is looking for passionate Software Engineers to join us as we invest and expand in support of our exciting growth. Our team's mission is to connect our customers who start their shopping journeys on search engines and social media apps with the most engaging content, products and experiences that Amazon has to offer. Our team is responsible for developing systems that enable Amazon to automatically manage millions of Ads globally on multiple search engines through a single unified interface. Our long term vision is to make our service a one-stop solution to automatically manage ads across all available search engines. We are passionate about innovating and delighting our customers by helping them find products they are looking for, and our team is at the start of the journey to develop internet's largest scale Search Marketing systems.
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining systems that enable Amazon to interact with search advertising vendors like Google, Bing, Yahoo! JP etc. You will get to apply the latest AWS technologies to develop large scaled and distributed systems to provide the best advertising experience for our customers, while maximizing the return on our marketing investments. While working on projects, you will get opportunities to lead other SDEs and partner with Product and Marketing Managers to translate business requirements into working solutions. You will also be involved in influencing the teams technical direction and roadmap by participating in team's planning and prioritization process.
A day in the life
A typical day in the life would involve designing systems with AWS technologies to automatically manage our advertising portfolio, implementing new features provided by search advertisers and optimizing existing systems owned by the team. You will actively participate in team discussions during daily standups, design reviews and be part of technical decision making. You will work with Sr. SDEs and Principal Engineers to brainstorm ideas, get to learn from them along with mentoring other SDE's in the team. You will apply the appropriate design patterns and adopt engineering best practices to solve difficult problems and help us achieve our mission.
About the team
The Search Marketing team's mission is to help customers who start their shopping journeys on search engines and social media apps find what they're looking for, by serving them the right ad for the right product at the right time. To accomplish this, you will closely work with Software Engineers, Product and Marketing Managers from sister teams, and marketers and engineers from external companies to achieve the long term vision and overcome day-to-day challenges. You will help the team achieve it's mission by designing and implementing large scale systems that will serve as a foundation for next-gen Search Marketing systems.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 3+ years relevant work experience
• Experience with Agile / SCRUM development methodologies
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Scalable web application development and experience using NoSQL databases like Dynamo DB.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Fast thinker with a good grasp of business and technology and foresight to apply technology to solve business problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming