YOUR CHANCE TO BE PART OF PRIME!
If you want to work on one of Amazon.com's most impactful program and are passionate about building software which impacts millions of people every day, then the Amazon Prime Team wants to hear from you.
The Prime team seeks talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and architectural contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers.
Prime Benefits team is looking for talented engineers who will help launch new customer experiences, micro services and solutions. The opportunity is for a greenfield project where we are looking to iterate, launch highly scalable customer facing functionality. We are looking for engineers to both help us in designing for and iterating on building the solution. You will be given the chance to build out entirely new capabilities on Native AWS while working closely with the business team to design, develop, and deliver new features.
YOU AT PRIME
In Prime, you will have the opportunity to work with several teams across Amazon, working through interesting business cases coupled with solving for technical challenges, all at massive scale with hundreds of thousands of transactions per second. You will get to work on cutting edge technologies both in established systems as well as in a relatively greenfield space and get to define the product architecture and vision, especially around how to build new and extensible product experiences at scale for Prime members worldwide. You will get to experiment with various models and integrations and make a data driven decision on what works best for our customers. You will also get to work on integrating machine learning in these scenarios and will lead the effort to get to a no-human-touch model for customer optimized messaging. You will enhance message-targeting efficiency through implementation of multivariate testing, semantic analysis, data mining, and machine learning. You will design flexible, responsive architectures that allow self-service simplicity for our partner teams.
GET READY TO DO SOMETHING BIG!
Over 150 million paid members in 17 countries around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more.
WHAT WE DO:
We are a start-up team building products and customer experiences in a greenfield space, owning one of the most visible charters in Prime. We create products and distributed systems that serve Prime members at scale (over 150 million members) world-wide across high visible customer engagement locations and devices. We will be building a set of distributed services, systems (cohesive services working together) and Prime member experiences(CX) across all amazon channels and devices. These systems, services, and experiences uses AWS technology, Machine learning, Data analysis and some exciting engineering that goes behind the scene. In some cases, we help other non-prime teams to use our software (w/ software as service).BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems and algorithms
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming