Wanting to make a difference? Join the team protecting Amazon customers from payment related fraud, misuse, and abuse. Have you ever thought about what it takes to detect and prevent fraudulent purchases among hundreds of millions of e-Commerce transactions in different countries? How to help our Amazon Business continue to grow and where millions of businesses can safely transact online? What kinds of processes and systems would you build to maximize customer satisfaction? A team comprised of software development engineers, machine learning scientists, operation specialists, product and program managers, and many other team members; together focused on a mission that is customer-focused and innovative in solving complex challenges and promoting exceptional value through innovation and superior technical know-how.
Our greatest strength is our team members, who through diverse backgrounds are appreciated and collectively strengthen our organization's capabilities to deliver for our customers. Be part of a team where your actions as a Software Development Engineer could enhance designs and build the software systems that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.com. Not only do we protect all aspects of the Amazon shopping experience, we also deliver services to large and small merchants hosted on the Amazon platform. In addition, we evaluate new business opportunities from across the company to determine how we can minimize the risk associated with new initiatives.
As a Software Development Engineer on our team, you will collaborate with your teammates to develop creative web service-based solutions for identifying and preventing harm to our customers, in partnership with a team of machine learning scientists. The ideal candidate is passionate about our mission of protecting customers, intellectually curious about learning new development tools and methodologies, able to work collaboratively with architects, product managers, and engineers across multiple levels, embodies an effective sense of ownership of the solutions they develop, and is excited about the technical challenges of creating solutions that work at Amazon scale.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• A bachelor's degree equivalent or higher in computer science or a related field, or demonstrable equivalent hands-on experience.
• Understanding of continuous integration / continuous deployment and Agile-based software engineering practices.
• Experience supporting and scaling large-scale web-based applications.
• Experience with distributed computing and similar cloud-based server technologies.
• A willingness to help mentor and guide other junior developers.
• An excellent sense of ownership of complex problems and their solutions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, and collaborative problem-solving skills.
• Comfortable working and partnering with other developers, product managers, machine learning scientists, and customer service teams across the organization at different levels.
Software and Programming