Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment, solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions using cutting edge Machine Learning at scale?
The Automated Brand Protection team aims to deliver a trusted and complete Buyer-facing catalog by helping Brands protect their intellectual property and accurately represent themselves on Amazon. We build large scale, low latency, high throughput, distributed software systems that identify, prevent and act on all forms of product listings abuse on the Amazon catalog. These systems will rely on data from our innovative, next-generation image processing and machine learning solutions.
As a Software Development Engineer on the team you will take ownership over the software design, documentation, development, delivery and continued support of machine learning systems built natively in AWS. In this role you will collaborate with leaders, work backwards from customers, identify problems, propose innovative solutions, relentlessly raise standards, and have a positive impact on hundreds of millions of customers.
A day in the life
About the hiring group
We are a multi-cultural and inclusive team who value diverse viewpoints and out of the box thinking. We take complete ownership of our systems, ensuring that the systems we design continue to perform optimally in production. We earn the trust of our business partners through transparency and open dialogue and have a say in how we serve brands through technology. We are also a fun loving team, regularly organizing team lunches and other social activities.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing highly reliable and scalable distributed systems to deploy cutting edge machine learning models to identify product listing abuse in images.
- Working with your team members to investigate and design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver quality software.
- Collaborating with Product and Program stakeholders to ensure we are appropriately protecting Intellectual Property and staying on top of emerging threats.
- Performing development and maintenance of key system features, and promptly attending to production issues.
- Driving software development best practices and engineering excellence within your team.
- Mentoring other engineers.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 4+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
- Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical design.
- Familiarity with professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
- Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a bonus.
- Experience and/or a strong interest with machine learning software systems and/or big data software systems.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
Software and Programming