Do you want to help shape the future of compute for the Amazon Web Services cloud? Are you excited to solve problems at the leading edge of cloud computing? Do you want to build and own services providing some of the key features for Amazon's Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) infrastructure? Do you want to work hard, have fun, and make history?
If so, come work for the Windows Container Technologies team. We are part of the EC2 Commercial Software Services team and are responsible for tackling tough problems faced by enterprise customers in the containerization space. The team uses cutting-edge technologies to develop large-scale platforms to help customers optimally run their business.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically three days a month, and also includes solving problems reported by customers. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks.
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be working on software, services and designs to make Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) the best place to run enterprise class containerized workloads. You will help build next generation services that simplify how our customers and partners configure and manage their Windows workloads in the cloud. You will closely work with various Amazon container technologies like ECS, EKS and Fargate, and build services that handle large scale, highly available distributed systems.
- Work closely with product management and customers to understand the business and user requirements
- Break down high level use cases into concrete technical implementation steps and identify the best solution for a given problem
- Responsible for end-to-end feature development, design and development, test, maintenance and support of software artifacts
- Architect, design, proof-of-concepts and implement projects end to end with high quality
- Ability to handle complex projects, large area of scope and complete ownership
- Communicating with customers, technical teams and defining technical strategy
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology. Stay updated on new technologies and work with management and development team to adopt new technologies
- Develop and mentor other team members
About the team
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. We offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life. We are dedicated to supporting new members. We encourage an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to achieve their goals.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
We have a mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience designing, developing and operating large-scale, multi-tiered, multi-threaded, distributed software applications, tools, systems, and services
- Experience with containerd, kubernetes, docker
- Experience with Windows and Windows networking
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming