Amazon has helped reinvent how we live our daily lives. As a Recruiting Technology team, we are reinventing the delivery of industry leading hiring experience. Have you ever wanted to build human-centric technologies that are scalable, efficient and where candidates feel treated as individuals?
Our team owns the full service stack from the moment a potential future Amazonian is ready to interview, to the moment they are ready to discuss a potential offer. We are continuously experimenting, measuring, and learning because Amazon candidates deserve an experience that is respectful, straightforward, and frustration-free. The engineering team owns the full service stack that powers recruiting technologies at Amazon's scale. We combine product development, technology investments, UX research, scientific analysis, big data analytics, and process optimization.
The right candidate can prioritize well, communicate clearly and is proud of the technical solutions they deliver. This position is right for you if you are passionate about solving the toughest software challenges on behalf of our customers and users. To be successful on this journey, you should love having high standards for yourself & everyone you work with, and always look for opportunities to make our services better. You are deeply customer focused: understand multiple customers' challenges and constantly looking for ways to pursue them. You have excellent communication skills, and enjoy working in an exciting, creative, passionate and collaborative team environment. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related discipline) and/or equivalent professional training & work experience
- 3+ years of hands-on software development management experience (people manager)
- A deep understanding in designing, developing, and operating software at scale (object oriented design and service oriented architecture (SOA))
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, and programming language like C++, Java or Ruby
- A proven track-record in meeting deadlines, prioritizing work, maintaining attention to detail, and the ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys presenting complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Has fun looking after multiple priorities in an ever-changing environment
- Uncommon customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet daring time lines with optimal solutions
- Able to meet customer expectations by meeting deadlines, prioritize engineering decisions, focus on details and enjoy autonomy an always changing and evolving environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming