It's no secret that Amazon Transportation (Middle Mile) is evolving from outsourcing freight to external trucking companies to managing it in-house partnering with our Freight Partners. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering muscle as our biggest advantage and the key differentiating factor. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, unique delivery models for products ranging from AmazonFresh groceries, ultra-fast Prime Now deliveries to big-screen TV's, and growing number of shipments worldwide, we see a brand new opportunity to fundamentally change the way people get the stuff they need, and make a big impact by cutting billions of dollars of transportation costs from the ecosystem. Oh, and we will need great leaders too (this is where you come in ... read on)
We are building Day 1 products to route millions of freight on a real-time basis. We are building complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers, owner operators and drivers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers. In this role, as a leader for Amazon Routing technology, you will manage a team of very talented Software Engineers who are working on defining the vision for our new products and then executing to it to deliver exciting initiatives. You will regularly interact with executive leadership and work with products as well as other tech teams as you design and deliver state of the art technologies to evolve our freight marketplace. product. You'll work in a fast paced environment and will be required to lead not only at the strategic level, but also tactically day-to-day by diving deeply into business and technical domains. As a multi-discipline leader, the buck will stop with you - you will work alongside engineering (dev and test) organization.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to have an established background in technology, excellent project and people management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals. Experience with building and operating web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, will be very applicable and helpful.
Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired company in the US, rated #1 in Innovation and # 1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history! At Amazon, we hire hands-on managers at all levels. The leader must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering. We need technical, detail-oriented leaders who can build and grow organizations.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further then please reach out to the Hiring Manager and/or Recruiter directly.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• 5 + years experience building and managing high performance software teams
• 5 + years of OO software development experience in C++ or Java (preferably both)
• 3 + years of experience using scrum, kanban, TDD, CICD
• Experience building and operating extremely high volume and highly scalable web services
• Experience building and operating highly available, 24x7 services
• Experience building and operating globally distributed systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years experience building and managing high performance software teams
• 10+ years of OO software development experience in C++ or Java (preferably both)
• Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• 3+ years of experience in optimization algorithms development (e.g, supply chain optimization, operations research, network design, machine learning, etc.) and/or transportation domain.
• Working knowledge of databases, SQL desired.
• Experience working with Python, Scala, Apache Spark, Map-Reduce
• Experience in new product development.
• Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming