Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to learn and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Continually learn about all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. Our Video engineering group delivers high-quality live video streams to our end-users as our platform grows, while also continuing to refine features that add business value, improve operational efficiency, and improve our delivery costs. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, Video Distribution, you will use your experience building effective organizations and scalable processes to help scale engineering and ensure that large projects with complex components are delivered efficiently and with high-quality. You will work with the individual contributors and lead on your teams, as well as cross-team with engineering, product, operations and business leadership. You will ensure our core products stay stable and scale indefinitely and new products are delivered faster even as we grow. You will have spent 5+ years as a hands-on engineer solving hard scaling problems horizontally, and then at least 3 years leading and building a team of engineers to do the same.
• Attract and retain top engineering talent
• Assist your teams in developing roadmaps for system and product growth, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support that growth
• Represent your team to senior leadership and other groups to build a meaningful vision and ensure you have the resources to deliver it
• Define vision for excellence at Twitch for your teams, and then deliver on it
• Provide top level architectural direction to team leads and engineers to maintain a high standard of engineering quality
• Maintain a long-term focus on operational excellenceBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong leadership and communication (synchronous and asynchronous) skills
• Strong organizational skills
• 2 or more years of hands-on management experience building engineering teams to deliver and maintain complex systems
• 8 or more years of hands-on development experience building and scaling complex systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• You know Go and have used it in production ready systems.
• Start-up experience
• Experience with live video systems
• Experience building and running a CDN
• Deep understanding of network programming
• Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
• Maternity & Parental Leave
• Flexible PTO
• Amazon Employee Discount
• Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Software and Programming