At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Solution Specialist will directly report to the Senior Manager of Solution Specialists and is accountable for driving sales and supporting the Large and Mid Market Public sector Account Team in the Prairies region. There will be a primary focus on leading, prospecting and account development with the Account Executives through sales of the Solutions portfolio. The Solution Specialist will be responsible for executing the strategic/tactical direction that has been established and drive operational effectiveness to ensure role objectives are met. The Solutions Specialists are accountable for the success of the solutions portfolio which includes M2M, Mobile Applications, Mobile Device Management, Unified Communications and Wireline Networking solutions.Business Requirements:
- Build valuable, consultative customer relationships in tandem with the Account Executives
- Using solution selling techniques, work closely with your assigned Account Executives to uncover new Services opportunities in the account base
- Clarify each opportunity and evaluate Rogers capability to deliver the solution on time and within customers budget
- Working closely with the Account Executive and the customer, fully define the solution, cost it, build a Scope of Work, appropriately price and present the solution
- Refine the solution as required in terms of scope, pricing, lead times; in order to solve the business problem
- Full participation across all Sales Teams supported at an Account Manager and People Manager level
- Engage in regular and continuous feedback and coaching with Leadership
- Cooperatively build Individual Development Plans with Management Team members that align to their career goals
- Contribute to an open, direct and positive working environment that builds a culture of success within the team
- Technology Architecture: Expert understanding of one or more of the following: M2M/IoT technologies, MDM solutions, Unified Communications platforms, Managed WiFi solutions, Wireless and Wireline Networks.
- Technical leadership: Experience leading diverse teams in the planning and/or delivery of IT projects and solutions
- This position requires experience with IT related financial estimation preferably with models that calculate total service costs for labour & technology.
- A successful candidate must be able to ascertain requirements and lead an initiative through to a solution vision based on infrastructure standards. This will involve development and evaluation of high level designs incorporating diverse infrastructure technologies.
- A successful candidate must have previous experience using Microsoft Office business tools (Visio, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel) as well as SalesForce.
- Business Requirements Analysis: Thorough familiarity and understanding of the intricacies of a customer's business, e.g., function, processes, and operations. Understands and can delineate technical design requirements for supporting information systems.
- Business Systems Planning: Understands the impact of technology on the strategic direction of the business. Enables the definition and integration of technical plans that support enterprise business functions and processes.
- Knowledge of Organization: Knowledge of organization's vision, structure, culture, philosophies, operational principles, values, and Business Code of Conduct.
- Collaboration: Involves others to leverage additional knowledge or skills that lead to increased understanding. Obtains shared commitment to the improvement or success of an event or project.
- Initiative: Proactively identifies present and future obstacles, issues, and opportunities. Takes actions to address such obstacles.
- Innovation: Motivated to improve organizational performance through the introduction of new ideas, methods, processes, products, or services. Develops new ways of looking at a situation.
- Oral and Written Communications: Ability to express oneself and communicate with others verbally - it includes tone, style and structure and the ability to produce a variety of business documents that demonstrate command of language, organization of thought and orderliness of presentation.
- Relationship management: Ability to successfully achieve results with complex customer and vendor relationships.
Experience & Education
- Business Requirements Analysis
- Business Systems Planning
- Knowledge of Organization
- Foundation Architecture Knowledge
- Information Systems Knowledge
- Knowledge of Emerging Technology
- Oral and Written Communications
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years' experience IT/Telecommunications architecture and planning; ability to produce IT solutions, both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience dealing with outsourced IT relationships
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
1600 330 Portage Ave. (079), Winnipeg, MB Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Sales & Account Management Requisition ID:
166086 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]
Find similar jobs:
Sales and Marketing