At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The opportunity:
As part of the Enterprise Tax practice, the Specialist will excel in servicing the planning and compliance needs of our clients. This position provides the opportunity to participate in a broad range of tax-related work requiring qualitative and quantitative analysis and assessment. Periodic special projects and research will challenge you and allow you to grow, develop, and thrive as a tax professional.What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Research and analysis of a wide variety of tax issues, including assistance with structuring of domestic and international investments.
- Preparation of corporate, partnership, trust and personal tax returns.
- Preparation of draft technical memos to file, instruction letters to legal counsel and client reporting letter to be reviewed by senior staff members.
- Preparation of income tax models.
- Review corporate and personal tax returns.
- Review tax provisions for our larger audit and non-audit clients.
- Interact with clients and other team members.
- Assist senior staff members in all aspects of corporate tax initiatives.
Keys to your success:
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in a public accounting firm.
- Successfully passed the CFE (or wrote the CFE in 2023) and has obtained or in process of obtaining a CPA designation.
- Currently enrolled or willing to enroll in the In-Depth tax course.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Strong time-management abilities and self-motivation.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Is keen to assist in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies for various clients.
- Willingly takes on and learns new skills by researching a wide variety of tax issues.
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships.
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. #LI-Hybrid
#LI-MJ1 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .