At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG's experienced team of Mergers and Acquisitions tax professionals helps clients identify, analyze and resolve tax issues that inevitably arise during the M&A transaction process. We combine professional experience with in-depth, up-to-date knowledge of the Canadian tax planning and compliance environment. Our professionals employ industry-leading technology while building face-to-face relationships. We will work with our clients to help ensure tax issues in domestic M&A deals are effectively dealt with for our client's organization and its stakeholders.
Our M&A tax practice is growing, and we are seeking an experienced specialist to play a crucial role in supporting our team through project management. This position provides the opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals, gaining exposure to real deals and opportunities for career growth. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Collaborating with senior team members to support project management for mergers and acquisitions transactions.
- Assisting in tax-related analysis and documentation.
- Preparing reports and presentations for clients and internal stakeholders.
- Conducting due diligence and assisting in the development of tax strategies.
- Participating in client meetings and contributing to the decision-making process.
Keys to your success:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in public accounting, with a focus on tax
- A CPA designation is an asset.
- Previous experience in project management is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time-management abilities and self-motivation.
- A strong ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Keen to assist in the development and implementation of M&A tax strategies for various clients
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. #LI-HYBRID Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .