SPO 24R (Growth) - Guardianship Worker AMENDED - CLOSING DATE EXTENDED Position Classification
Social Program Officer R24 Union
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Smithers, BC V0J 2N0 CASalary Range
$59,288.72 - $75,884.38 (Growth) annually Close Date
12/6/2021 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
Service Delivery, SDA 42 - North Central Job Summary Guardianship WorkerSocial Program Officer 24 (Growth) Amendment (November 10, 2021): Eligibility list updated and location added (Smithers). Amendment (November 23, 2021): Posting closing date extended to December 6, 2021.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies in these communitiesand/or other communities throughout the northern service delivery areas (North Central, Northwest, Northeast).
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required by November 22, 2021. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Apply your expertise in a role where you can make a positive difference for the children of B.C.
The Guardianship Worker strives to ensure the safety and well-being of children in care by developing and supervising a comprehensive plan of care, informs caregivers of their responsibilities, monitors the placement of children, provides guidance regarding children's behavior. There is potential for this position to include work with children out of parental care on a temporary or "out of care" basis as well as children and youth in continuing care. Close working relationships and collaboration with other teams is critical to ensure excellent service to children, youth and their families.
Your skill set includes excellent communication skills and the teamwork and collaborative skills to work productively with an interdisciplinary team and a diverse group of caregivers. Caring, responsive and organized, you have the skills needed for this challenging and rewarding career opportunity.If you are ready to embark on a new career opportunity - please consider this rewarding career with the BC Public Service!
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or by phone: 778-698-1336.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Holly.White@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. Information and tips about how to complete your job application, including adding or editing your résumé and applying for jobs, are available at the following link: Your Job Application . If you still experience technical difficulties applying for a competition, please send an email to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time
, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.JOB REQUIREMENTS:To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Applicants may be considered who meet the preferred OR expanded credentials and experience requirements.1. Preferred Credentials:
2. Expanded Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Social Work OR Child and Youth Care OR Master of Education in Counselling Psychology/Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology with completion of a practicum in family and child welfare OR
- In-service Ministry of Children and Family Development employees who have a SPO 24-30 base position that requires delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA).
- NOTE: If this education was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a comprehensive report and the MCFD supplemental report by the closing date of this posting to be considered; OR A candidate may be considered equivalent when they are registered and a member in good standing with the BC College of Social Workers or has a letter from the College confirming that their application for registration has been approved.
Human Services fields include:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services field OR Bachelor's Degree witha Major/Honors in a Human Services OR Master's level graduate Certificate/Diploma in a Human Services field AFTER the completion of an unrelated Bachelor's Degree.
- PLUS, a minimum of two years of recent related OR job-specific work experience.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- NOTE: If this education was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a basic report by the closing date of this posting to be considered.
Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Anthropology, Early Childhood Education, Indigenous Studies, Education, Theology or Nursing.Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Preferred education credentials AND in-service Ministry of Children and Family Development employees who hold a regular SPO 24-30 base position that requires delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFCSA).
- Eligible for delegation under the Child, Family and Community Services Act (CFSCA).
- Applicants who self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit with the required combination of education and experience.
Please refer to the Job Profile located in the additional information section at the bottom of the posting for:
- Applicants may be considered who have not yet graduated but have completed all required courses and are able to provide a letter from their educational institution confirming completion of degree requirements.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver's License with no restriction or equivalent (i.e. from another Canadian Province).
- A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Salary placement based on education and experience.
- A full list of applicable settings for *related experience.
- Definition of job specific experience.
- Willingness/proviso statements.
- Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies.
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Community and Social Services