"There is flexibility for the incumbent in this role to be based out of Sunnyvale, Seattle, Vancouver and few other locations in US and CA"
Are you looking for a highly visible role working across multiple teams with the opportunity to have a significant impact? If so, then keep reading as this could be the role for you!
The Ordering department at Amazon forms the backbone of multiple commerce experiences like Alexa Shopping, Prime Now, Classic Retail, Amazon Fresh, etc. along with powering Physical Stores like Amazon Books, Amazon 4 Stars, Amazon Go, etc. to name a few. We run backbone systems that enable rich and low-latency experiences for the customer to interact with their cart, place orders, modify orders and eventually ensure the order is fulfilled. We run some of the largest hubs on planet earth with 100s - 1000s of dependencies, many of them being executed in real time as we place orders.
A Sr. Product Manager, Tech (PMT) at Amazon will own end to end delivery of a new service from conception to launch ensuring that we are providing customer obsessed experiences for our customers when they interact with the product. On a typical day, our PMTs might talk to several customers, define and prioritize the roadmap, deep dive to root cause a customer issue, release the latest new feature, consult with the top engineers and designers at Amazon, define and report business metrics, create pricing strategies, do go-to-market planning, discuss radical new approaches to building and operating at scale. You will be expected to dive deep into the technology from both a product and customer perspective. From Day 1, PMTs are given ownership of large products, the autonomy to think strategically and make data-driven decisions, and the ability to drive significant transformative innovation.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a productPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• CS, Engineering, Science, or Math degree and/or product management experience
• MBA or advanced quantitative/technical degree
• Passion for technology, willingness to dive deep into the technical products Amazon is building, and commitment to learning and expanding technical knowledge
• Strong written and verbal communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems and work well with cross functional teams
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming Management and Executive