Staff/Senior Accountant – Assurance (Enterprise)
Reference ID: WIN00077
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won't find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As an Assurance Staff or Senior, you will be a professional member of our Enterprise team. Our Enterprise practice provides specialized accounting, audit and review services (audit and review engagements, notices to reader (compilation), personal and corporate taxes) to small businesses and individuals.
Your key responsibilities
Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, these enable you to deliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders as our Assurance staff or senior.
Skills and attributes for success
• Preparation of notice to reader financial statements and tax returns in accordance with Firm standards for clients in a variety of businesses
• Preparation of tax returns (corporate, personal, trusts, GST, T4's/T5's)
• Bookkeeping activities and assist clients with set-up and maintenance of corporate records
• Effective communication with our clients, government agencies and with our mangers and staff
• Keeping managers and other team members informed, on an ongoing basis of progress and significant issues
• Providing advice and training to other staff members
• Identify new business opportunities with existing clients
• Participate in new business development initiatives
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Sound decision-making ability and professional judgment
• Strong problem-solving capabilities
• Works effectively, independently and in a team environment
T o qualify for the role you must have
• Minimum of 2 years public accounting experience, including financial statement and corporate tax preparation
• Previous experience working with Caseware/Caseview, Word and Excel is essential, familiarity with TaxPrep and various accounting packages is desirable
• Knowledge of investment accounting an asset
• Ability to work on multiple engagements
Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: May 19, 2019
Closes: July 18, 2019