STO-RE 24R - Authorizations Specialist
Scientific/Tech Off R24 - Res
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Smithers, BC V0J 2N0 CA
Terrace, BC V8G 1W2 CA
$69,185.43 - $78,814.47 annually, plus a $34.20 bi-weekly isolation allowance for the Smithers location
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary Authorizations Specialist
Scientific Technical Officer (Resource) 24
This position is located in Smithers, BC; Terrace may also be considered.
This position is also posted as a Licensed Science Officer (Other) 2 via Requisition 94857 .
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies in Smithers and Terrace.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Bring your commitment to excellence in natural resource management practices
The Ministry of Forests is responsible for the stewardship of provincial Crown land and ensures the sustainable management of forest, wildlife, water and other land-based resources. The Ministry manages these resources in a manner that embraces economic, environmental and social goals of government.
The Authorizations Specialist provides senior technical advice and may make decisions regarding the allocation of resources (e.g., land valuation analysis, water management, forest tenures) and adjudication of resource authorizations for the Natural Resource Sector.
A career with the Ministry of Forests offers an exceptional opportunity to undertake a variety of challenging and rewarding roles, while supporting a healthy work/life balance. Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why work for the Ministry of Forests .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Darren.Witt@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
Information and tips about how to complete your job application, including adding or editing your resume and applying for jobs, are available at the following link: Your Job Application . If you still experience technical difficulties applying for a competition, please send an email to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time
, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia .NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.JOB REQUIREMENTS:To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the following:
- Degree in natural resource management or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated increasing experience working in natural resource management.
- Experience performing technical duties and working with key statutes that support natural resource management.
- Experience in consulting, negotiating and resolving conflicts with stakeholders and partners in natural resource management.
- Must possess and maintain a valid BC Class 5 Driver's Licence or equivalent.
- Willing and able to conduct field work which may include travel to remote areas by vehicle, boat, air or foot, overnight or extended stay in rough camp conditions and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Must be physically able to carry equipment and supplies in difficult terrain.
- May be required to operate field equipment (i.e., quad, snowmobile).
- A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. Please use your cover letter to describe how your qualifications and career interests align with this position. The content and/or format of your cover letter will be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history, including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) and your job related responsibilities for each job in your employment history, and any relevant information that relates to this position.Questionnaire (Standard): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a standard online questionnaire (current employment status, eligibility to apply, etc.).
Natural Resource Sector, Policy, Research and Economics, Scientific and Technical, Trades and Operational