300 - 1780 Wellington Ave., Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3H 1B3
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important?Overview
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Operations the incumbent will be the subject matter expert on all Store Continuous Improvement initiatives and programs to drive Operational Excellence in Stores. They will be responsible for liaising with the Associate and Store Leadership team to ensure store systems and processes are performing at an optimal level. The incumbent will monitor reports, highlighting variances and providing training and coaching in identified areas of opportunity. Dimensions
Skills, Experience & EducationSkills
- Lead the Regional implementation of all Corporate Continuous Improvement initiatives, including training and change management supporting various projects such as, but not limited to, SCO, ABS, ARI, BIMI, SARC, LITES, SAP, Finances Retail Transformation roll out, etc.
- Liaison between assigned stores and Central Office in reporting and communicating between parties for high priority/urgent/widespread issues for quick resolution/work arounds.
- Perform store visits and audits to assess Store team skills and highlight further training requirements to ensure all Store systems, (e.g. MMS, EPOS, PDT, Workday, Lawson/SAP) and all other systems applications, are maximized for operational effectiveness. Supports Store Training on these systems, as required.
- Provide full support during new capital projects, acquisitions, relocations, expansions and Associate changeovers by supporting training of store employees on systems and procedures and by ensuring inventory counts are accurate and all systems, including accounting and inventory, are operational to ensure a smooth transition and execution of projects.
- Perform store visits to assist Associates and store teams for inventory preparation, and readiness for inventory count's day. Attend, store inventory day count, as necessary.
- Audit, monitor and review inventory control procedures and investigate variances between Materials Management System (MMS) and Lawson to improve shrink control and bottom line results.
- Attend ICS-Intensive Care Stores to investigate any potential issues and explore opportunities to minimize risks.
- Review, analyze and perform store visits, as required, to address store financial data discrepancies and opportunities for improvement to the store and BU P&L.
- Liaise with Retail Accounting Department / District Managers to report on store visitations, P&L, RFP, total loss, cycle counts, inventory results, margins including postal and lotteries, payroll results, etc. to resolve any inquiries from the stores and/or opportunities.
- Provide guidance and support to Store Administrators and Associate Owners on store accounting related functions, tasks, and systems (e.g. LITES, SAP, Payroll, FPO, EHT and WCB/WSIB filings/form completion, etc). Knowledgeable on provincial programs (bus tickets, lotto, etc.) payroll and third-party requirements.
- Liaise with IT escalation to ensure that all systems are operational and to resolve issues or concerns already reported and escalated by stores to ERC.
This position requires a demonstrated level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
- Willing to always learn and embrace change in processes and directives
- Requires the ability to identify and improve work processes and teams.
- Provides advice about operations in a specialized or technical area.
- Requires specialized interpersonal skills to resolve situations with colleagues where there may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty.
- Provides solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
- Utilizes decision making skills to determine the best use of resources and operational processes.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required.
- Advanced computer skills especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint to produce and interpret reports, documents and presentations. Knowledge of inventory management and accounting software.
- Business acumen - advanced understanding of quality standards relative to inventory management and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of National Store Operating, Merchandising, and POP Standards, inventory management, business, and accounting systems to develop and implement training strategies
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with associates and colleagues including senior management.
Greater than five years of retail operational experience, inventory management, accounting, computer and systems or equivalent experience.
Shoppers Drug Mart experience is preferredEducation
Post-secondary education equivalent to a university diploma in Business, Inventory Management, Accounting, Computer or equivalent.Certificates, Licenses or Registration
Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed. Must hold a valid driver's licenseWorking Conditions
* Incumbents are required to exert the following physical effort; however, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Effort
Much of the time is spent visiting stores with the frequent opportunity to stand or move about. The incumbent may be required to occasionally kneel, reach, bend, or stretch and carry light objects consistent with usual office materials such as, paper, files and other office supplies.Physical Environment
Work is mainly performed in a store environment where there is minimal exposure to dust, fumes, temperature variance and other sensory attributes. Level of noise at any given time is mild to moderate and may experience frequent interruptionsSensory Concentration
There is a frequent need to give close attention, much of the time requiring the use of two or more senses simultaneously.Mental Stress
The incumbent may be exposed to situations which may cause mild mental stress. There are some pressures from meeting deadlines, multitasking, or producing accurate work. The stress levels felt would not be noticeably disruptive to the work nor would the unpleasant reaction be strong or persistentNote:
This job profile indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties which may be assigned from time to time.#LI-JOBSWhy work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.