Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun?If so, consider the following opportunity!
Are you passionate about news? Feeling boxed in by traditional storytelling styles? Do you want to help build the next generation of news gathering teams? CityNews has an exciting opportunity for you. We are looking for a Supervising Producer to lead our CityNews Winnipeg team. This is an 18-month contract position. What you will do:
What you bring:
- Lead a team of video journalists, producers and operations staff in Winnipeg
- Set the editorial agenda for the Winnipeg newsroom on all platforms
- Collaborate with CityNews in other regional markets for shared and national-use content
- Assign video journalist and operations staff in Winnipeg
- Uphold and enforce editorial & journalistic standards
- Take a lead role in producing news specials like elections
- Manage, coach and develop the CityNews Winnipeg editorial team
- Make sure CityNews Winnipeg is meeting its CRTC-mandated requirements
- Collaborate with the Rogers music radio brands in Winnipeg
- This is a leadership position. You should have a proven record of successful newsroom and people management
- You will have an eye for great content and know what works for digital, radio and broadcast
- You are passionate about Canada and all of its the diverse communities and cultures. And you understand Winnipeg's unique place in the Canadian landscape
- You embrace challenges and change -and are constantly exploring new ideas and approaches to content and production
- You are an excellent communicator, especially in pressure situations
- You know how to get the best out of your team,and how to influence and coach people without being heavy-handed
- News never stops and neither do you. You must be willing to work evening and weekends when needed
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ . Schedule:
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
12 Months Work Location:
8 Forks Market Road (813), Winnipeg, MB Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & News Requisition ID:
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Winnipeg, MB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programsLooking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology